Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Wow, It Really DOES Work

So we went out today and met Kiri for lunch.  The joke there?  "Watch out, Eamon has never been that high before!" when she carried him.  Hey, funny to us at least.

Then we went to Sherway Gardens for pashal.  I took Eamon out of the car seat/stroller because he's been cooped up in there too long.  So while Sharon went inside the stores and I carried him, I absolutely cannot believe the sheer amount of comments/questions I received from women (and one man).

"How old is he?"

"He's so precious!"

"He's so small!"

Seriously, this kid is like a chick (and non-chick?) magnet.  I would've totally capitalized if, say, I wasn't married.  Or if it wasn't creepy.  Or if I had, you know, game.

I figure I have a few more months of this before he gets too big to be asked.  But I guess it is weird for a two-week old to be strolling the malls?

*  *  *

We realized today that technically next week is the day that Eamon was "supposed to be" born.  Can't believe it's been two weeks already.  I am really, really dreading going back into work next week.

Nowadays, all he does is sleep.  Well, except in the middle of the night.  But of course

1 comment:

Jen(nnn) said...

Grant is 10 months old and we still get those comments. You've to lots of time yet to capitalize on your newly found "game". Lol.

Just you wait until you run into elderly people. The elderly LOVE babies. We almost couldn't escape the nursing home when we too him to visit Mike's grandfather last Summer. It was insane.

Glad you guys are getting out. The fresh air will help him sort out day vs. night. It's also good for Sharon so that she doesn't feel cooped up and potentially get PPD. See you guys next week!