Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Who Knee-ds It?

Great to get back to the gym in the morning again.  Too bad I'm convinced my knees are arthritic now.  Dramatic perhaps, but even stretching it all out hurts.  Mind you it's been 3 weeks since, but still.

We then continued on our "royal tour" (labelled by Arvin) and went to our workplace to show off Eamon.  We received a lot of compliments, oooo's and ahhhh's, and some very generous gifts.  One of the problems of working at the same place?  The visit lasts twice as long.  By the time we got out, it was 2:00pm and we still had to eat lunch.

We found ourselves at Shandra's Roti Shop as Sharon was craving it.  It was filling, very filling.  Maybe too filling.

We got home, and the roti knocked me out.  Trannifer and Sharon's Kiran (as we call her) came by at 5:30pm while Sharon was nursing upstairs.  I was downstairs, asleep on the couch.  After Sharon was hollering, I finally woke up all confused.  I think they thought I must be some very lazy Dad...lol.  But it was really nice for them to visit, and wowza, we can't even imagine Eamon getting to Grant's age (10 months).  Luckily for us, Jen went through all the things we're about to go through, so we know where to go when to ask questions.

Then I had my league basketball game, and that roti was still having effects on me, making me sluggish and whatnot (yes, let's blame it on the roti).  We had no subs, and we played an amazing first half, leading by ten.  Then we all hit a wall in the second half (damn age), and we ended up losing by 13.  Dammit!  I mean, I hit three threes in the first half and nothing in the second.  I feel like I let my team down.  I know it's just a game, but still.  Hopefully next week we do better.

I finally got home and now my shoulder feels all strained.  Tanks goodness I have a massage tomorrow.

Wow it's been a long day.

And tomorrow?  Work starts for me again after three weeks off.  I might actually start crying.

Sigh

No comments: