Wednesday, April 06, 2011

Fore(skin) Scored And No More

Well, Eamon, my boy, I'm sorry it might hurt you, but you're going to have to go through a rite of passage tomorrow morning:  the removal of the foreskin (aka. circumcision).

I know there is no conclusive proof that it is more hygienic than not having the procedure done, and really it's more of a cultural/vanity thing, but I guess we would prefer it if you look like all the other Marquez men?  Besides, if you were not to have it done, then you will have to take extra time and precaution in the future to have lil' Eamon cleaned out properly.  And with your genetics (at least on the Father's side) of being lazy, this is a good thing.

At least you wont remember the pain and you'll just see a scar.  As for me, though, surely it will leave a scar on my mind forever

2 comments:

Jen(nnn) said...

Shoot... I wish I had known you guys were pro-circ. We still have a tube of Emla that you could have had and saved yourself the $12 for something you'll only need a dab of (not that I'm saying little Eamon is little... you know what I mean). Good luck. Grant hated being strapped to the table but he didn't seem to notice the actual procedure.

huhboy said...

Well they used a "ring", so I'm not sure the Emla was needed?

Either way, I hope he heals nicely. I feel bad for the boy...