Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Lots Of Eating, Bad Gift Giving

So we had our "team meeting" today (which consisted of a short meeting, catered in lunch, then curling).

The lunch was awesome (RD's BBQ).

Then the "secret Santa that's not really a secret Santa gift exchange" (how is it a secret Santa if an e-mail went out with everyone stating what they want, at a ridiculous $30 maximum?  Might as just well spend $30 on yourself because that's how much you'll get back.  Or so I thought).  Okay, I know that this is the season for when you get gifts, you're supposed to be grateful no matter how much it's worth.

But the "gift" I received (after my request of a Home Depot/Rona gift card) turned out to be a $20 Tim Horton's gift card.  Yay.  I don't even drink coffee and I hate all the food there.

Meanwhile everyone else (including the guy I got the gift for) got a minimum $30 gift.  Sigh.  Well, whatever...thank you person who obviously never put any thought into it and prolly got a great gift yourself.

So we also had our 3rd annual Peking Duck Extravaganza at Chung King (by Pacific Mall) today.  Great company with Row, Clavo, Kathie (!), Kiri and Ruthie.

I think I may have eaten approximately 7294 calories today.  Yikes

*  *  *

Found our daycare...yay for Eamon!  (We hope)

No comments: