Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Last Best Man Speech I Have To Write

I should prolly make it a somewhat presentable one.  With that said, however, I'm pretty confident:

a) no one will laugh at my jokes (mind you I don't care because I think it's funny to me.  As is pretty much all my jokes)
b) it is going to get awkward at times
c) I'm prolly going to get emotional, but not in that crying sort of way

I was going to write it on Friday or even Saturday, but look at me trying to be responsible and starting my first draft today.  I just really hope no one is expecting it to be any good or anything (especially you, Arvin...lol).

After being a best man for five weddings, I can confidently say that I'm no better man than anyone else.  I am honoured that people think well enough of me to be part of their wedding let alone a best man.  I'm especially blessed to be the best man for these last two weddings.


I've said it before and I'll say it again:  one of the biggest regrets in life I have is not having who I should've had as my best man be my best man and who I should've had as the groomsman to be my groomsman.  Writing these speeches just further accentuates that.  What can I do now?  Sucks.  But I think, at least I hope, that those guys, my boys, know that much.


I guess I should sleep or something and stop thinking

No comments: