Sunday, January 15, 2012

When Car Battery Also Means...

...battery to your patience.

Bought a new battery from Costco for Sharon's Camry.  Working fine.  Sharon goes to Bulk Barn.  Stall.  CAA luckily tows it back home.  Return car battery.  Buy new battery from Walmart.  Realize it's essentially the same battery (in terms of power, current).  Get advice from my Dad that there might be something wrong with the alternator (which I originally suspected but didn't have faith in my own judgement because of my past history of trying to be an auto mechanic).  Install new battery, see that the headlights flicker.  Yup, something wrong with the alternator.  All in the freezing cold.

I've said it countless times, thank goodness for Google because I just learned more about batteries than I would've imagined if I was to try to figure it out 15 years ago.

Not a thank goodness?  That our cars, reaching 9 and 10 years old respectively, are starting to show its age.  Sucks.  But it's expected; cars are esssssspensive.

Luckily my Dad is retired now and has time to come over tomorrow, test it out and maybe have it towed to the mechanic who will fix it for us

*  *  *

Wow, 2012 is really bringing some surprises.  For instance, I read two 400 page books within the last few days.

Hey, when I do something, I do it obsessively.

They are pretty good books, these Hunger Games books.  One last book to go in this trilogy, then I'll prolly be sad that it is over and I won't read again for, what, 4 years?

2 comments:

Jules said...

Cars suck. Money, that is.

Can I borrow those hunger game books? I play hunger games on a weekly basis with myself.

huhboy said...

For sures...it's an easy read as well.

Like a word a page.

(not really)