Tuesday, May 08, 2012

Holding Court

So I did something today at work that I hadn't done before in my career:  I went to court.  More specifically, I went to trial.

It was a good experience, and I actually won the case (and had him pay more than the original fine).  It helped that the guy I was charging was a "Homer Simpson".

I hope I don't have to go on the stand ever again (lol), but it's good to know that I have at least one victory in my pocket


*  *  *

Happy 36th Wedding Anniversary to my parents.  We all celebrated at Wasabi and of course...I overate.

I'm hoping tomorrow I start again with "healthy eating".  Right.

Speaking of my parents, I haven't mentioned a funny thing they had said/done lately.  Here's one from not too long back:  my Dad was lamenting about a car an old neighbour (Kirk) was buying (Chevy Orlando).  He was buying it because he was having his third kid and needed more room.

But my Dad said to me, "I saw the trunk, and it was so small.  You could hardly fit two bags of Chinese groceries in it."  Yeah, what?  Kirk is not Chinese.  For that matter, would "Canadian" groceries fit in it?

*  *  *

Accomplishment: won a court case!

No comments: