Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Let Him Cast The Stone Because He Lives In A Glasshouse

So funny thing after playing ball last night (which wasn't bad and I got a good sweat on):  Don forgot his keys and was locked out of his house.  Sarah was asleep with Noah and all the phone calls, pinging and doorbell ringing wasn't waking them up.  It reminded me of the time when I was locked out of the house for forgetting my house keys after the trip to Philly.

Desperate and after waiting outside for about 2 hours, we had the bright idea of throwing stones on their bedroom window.  Well, I wasn't going to cast any stones.  I live in a glasshouse.  Or something like that.  I just didn't want to break his house.

The sight of Don throwing stones was prolly hilarious to on-lookers as he threw the stone, it got lost in the darkness, went onto the grass, and we would be looking for it on the grass.  Anywho, it actually worked, and now I don't know if he got in "trouble".

So yeah, even when I try to go to bed early...(I'll always blame someone else, never my fault or anything...right...)

*  *  *

My boy speaks gibberish.  Not surprising considering his age, but every once in a while he'll string a couple of words that makes it sound like he actually knows what he is saying.

For example, I just went into this room to pick him up out of his crib and change him and get him ready for the day.  When I walked in, he said what I heard as "hey Daddy".

Needless to say, it made me unnecessarily happy and gave me a great way to start my day

No comments: