Monday, September 17, 2012

What Are You Passionate About?

Was having an interesting convo with Winnie in the car today about careers and futures and whatnot.  We inevitably started talking about what our "ideal job" would be.  I think the job/career I have now I am relatively competent at, but is it my ideal job?  I mean, it fits me and who I am for the most part, but I started thinking about how envious I am of people who have jobs that they are really passionate about.

Then, of course, I started thinking about not just passion in jobs but in life itself.  I'm sad to say that I don't know what I'm passionate about; if I even have any true passions.  I've always been a bit of a "dabbler", enjoying lots of aspects life brings.  But anywho, even if I did have a real big passion, could it necessarily translate into a living with a real income and the other intangibles that can provide a good life?

Here, in no order of importance, are some of the things I can think of being passionate about:
-renovations
-eating out
-loving and being loved
-basketball
-my car?
-the internet
-finding contentedness

Seriously.  Nothing there that can lead to, you know, money or anything.

Anywho, life is a journey, right?  And that I shouldn't be envious of other people and should instead concentrate on what I have?  Hate to lose that focus even though lots of times I feel things are incomplete

*  *  *

No comments: