Sunday, September 24, 2006

Merry Marriage Jereg

So this morning I got called into work for a fire and a nursing home outbreak. Overtime is great I guess, but only problem was, I was supposed to go to a wedding in Ajax. Suffice it to say, I was a wee bit late going to Team Jereg's (aka Gren) wedding. Luckily Sharon had a ride with Team Miknifer.
The wedding itself was pretty fun, although I missed the rather amusing ceremony (according to everyone that was there). Some tidbits from the wedding:
-Teams Miknifer, Tiista (Tim and Krista) and Patvica (Patrick and Ludvica) were at our table
-Ludvica and Patrick got married last month, which was a secret. Good on them, and much good lucks as well
-the food was great, not too much, just the right portions
-the cake was just as awesome as Miknifer's wedding cake
-Newfies are a hilarious bunch (Greg is a Newfie). I often wonder what it would be like to be a Newfie, but then that thought quickly disappears after I see exactly how much they drink
-no emergency calls through the rest of the night. Hopefully it's not because there was no reception (the hall was in Uxbridge!)...I can just imagine, "you have one new message...first message...you are fired"
-the most amusing part of the night for me had to be this incident:
(Greg and Jen were going to do the cutting of the cake ceremony, when the DJ started playing that song "Cotton Eyed Joe", the same song I find annoying whenever they play it at Raptors games)
Tim to Krista: "Damn this is a great song!"
Greg outloud: "Cotton Eyed Joe!!! Man, he had to play this now when I'm cutting the cake? It's bringing me back to my University days!"
Me: (non-stop laughing). Sometimes, white people make me laugh

One level higher than a platinum record. Plutonium record?
Anywho, good luck to them. I am slowly realizing that in just over a year, I will be married myself. Wow. Yikes.

No comments: