Thursday, September 28, 2006

Ode To An Onion

On thy eve of an operation,
I had this, well, not tingling sensation;
fear, angst, worry, hurting
I only knew one thing that be certain;
tomorrow thy uvula be banished
but that's okay, I hath eat something Spanish.
Onion.
Bloomin' onion.

Heart attack on a plate. Yum!
* * *
A wee bit nervous, yes, but many thanks for the encouragement and reassurances of "no problems" to all the people. This time tomorrow, I will be without my uvula; while a minor surgery, the prospect of surgery still somewhat frightens me. But I better suck it up and be a man. This is for the future, no doubt.
So what better way to celebrate the end of solid food, at least for a while? Nachos, deep fried onion, and steak! Texas Longhorn Baby. Good food, good company...good bye (solid food). Lu-gao here I come!

No comments: