Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Salad Kinged!

So I was having one of my patented restless after work moods today. I didn't feel like going to Yorkdale Mall again, so Arvin obliged with my latest idea: Eaton Centre!
So we got there and looked around the mall. There has definitely been a lot of changes since I've last been there. Then when we got hungry, we were going to go to New Ho King (heehee), but instead played the audible and went to my original Thai joint from my university days, Salad King. I always told my workmates my favourite Phud Thai of all time was from Salad King; and I was not disappointed. I also ordered a Coconut Milk soup, which was also delicious.
Although, there was undertones of it being my "last supper" as Arvin put it. As some might know, I'm having a day surgery next week for my throat. I think Arvin might have thought I might not make it through*. He talked about how before his Lola died, they had a dinner with her rather unexpectedly. Oh, and he also paid for my meal without me knowing it. wtf?!?
And the nail in the coffin (so to speak)? When we passed by a cemetery on the way to Arvin's salsa class studio and he said, "are you scared? Do you want to go in? We can find you a spot." Tanks man...tanks.
*this has a very successful surgery rate, kinda like a tonsil surgery. Even my own girlfriend tells me I'm being too dramatic when I question if I'm gonna wake up from the anesthesia

2 comments:

zeitgeber said...

holy shiit man you blog that in no time, we just got home man.

huhboy said...

Shut up man, I want people to think I have a glorious life and my life is not revolved around updating this blog. I only update when I can. Which is not often, seeing as how busy and what a glorious life I have.

I have to go do something else now. Not this.