Monday, September 18, 2006

You Go Kat Kat

So my workmate Kathie this past weekend became part of the engaged club. Her story went like this:
Kathie and Tyler went to Quebec City this past Thursday. Tyler hid the ring in the stack of Connect Four chips (they play Connect Four on their trips). Kathie finally found it after playing more than half the game (she went on to win the game). He didn't ask her to marry him, although he was going to say it in French (because they were in Quebec). Then again, she really, really didn't want one of those embarassing proposals, otherwise she'd go crazy (I've seen her crazy before). I wonder what she would've done if he pulled it from behind her ear.
The funniest part was her telling everyone at work: Kathie e-mailed a bunch of people that she was engaged. Then exactly 20 seconds later, she ran out of the office so no one could ask her any questions and she turned off her cell phone. Awesome. (Oh and Rowena called it by predicting they would get engaged this past weekend...if only she could predict lottery numbers for me)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If only I could predict lottery numbers for myself!