Monday, March 21, 2011

Almost In Hot Water

Literally.

Crap dammit, came home to find our house was freezing (it felt colder inside the house than outside the house; this is only good in the summer).  Went downstairs to see the furnace to see what's up.  You know what was up?

The damn hot water tank pipe was leaking.  And I don't know for how long, but enough to make my blood boil (as opposed to water).

Apparently the water leaking tripped the circuit breaker, causing the furnace to stop working.  It's a good thing that was a sign for me to go down there (which just proves my point, yet again, that perhaps this house is too big for us because I haven't been downstairs in a long while).

Anywho, after being befuddled, it is always great to know my Dad is a genius when it comes to this stuff.  He came over and we soldered a new pipe where the old one failed (damn old plastic humidifier tube failing).

Felt bad for Bubs though...she had to go to her parents to take a shower.  Sucks.

But brightside to this?  Tanks Gawd she didn't go into labour today!

No comments: