Saturday, March 05, 2011

My Father Is Funny Pt. 42

So we went to Dennis and Tracy's baby shower today in their condo party room.  There was a pool table there.  I played against my Father, who proclaimed that he was a "hustler in his University days".

Surprisingly, he was pretty good (surprisingly because he usually boasts about something but is really just kidding about it).

My Father also partook in some trash talking while I was playing against him.  This is what he said after hitting a ball in and the cue ball landing in the general vicinity of where he wanted it to be:  "Now that's placement" (much to the confusion of me and Con, as we weren't quite sure what he was saying at first).

Then when he was about 3 balls away from winning, he laid this one out:  "Signed, Sealed, Delivered".  Wow.  I think to him, I just got served.

Speaking of served, we went to the food area, and they had plenty of cheeses out and I was serving some of it to my Dad and Con.  Con joked, "yeah, I don't know what all these cheeses are, maybe we should just stick to what we know" (pointing to the Babybel).

My Dad then looks at one of the cheeses and says to us, "What, you don't know what this one is?  That's BRY...give me some of that BRY...it's good".

Brie.

My Dad did a lot of teaching to his sons today, apparently

No comments: