Friday, March 25, 2011

This Safety Moment Brought To You By My Mother

So I have an uncle in the Philippines.  He has a Facebook account.  As I've documented here before, so does my mother.

Today is his Birthday.  This is the message my Mother wrote on his wall:
happy birthday pogi from all of us here in mississauga drink moderately

The older I get, the funnier this seems to be for me.  I see I'm getting much older and mature.  Right.

(Interestingly, my Mother did not post on my wall Birthday greetings.  Not that I'm sensitive or anything...lol)

Speaking of being sensitive, I had a crazy dream last night that I was walking to my cousin's home in Markham with a heavy backpack on at 3:00am.  I had to pass through a gas station, and the neighbourhood had a speaker system that was playing old 1930's carnival music.  I thought to myself, "damn, they must listen to this every night.  How do they sleep?"  I then saw a baby bear on the pathway, so I naturally freaked out (where there is a baby bear, there is a mama bear).  I tried running away, but my backpack prevented me from doing so (apparently having a heavy backpack makes you float).  I tried running down another street, when sure enough I saw the mama bear.  Except a parrot/parakeet was on the mama bears head and fending it off.  I was going to watch the action happen, but decided that I still needed to run.  When I looked behind me, the bird/bear combo turned into a dog/bear combo.  I think at this point, I was freaked out and I passed out, and then when I woke up I was a cartoon and I was looking over pictures with a cartoon family and how they looked when the bear was going through their neighbourhood.  And then I really woke up.

It was like the movie Inception, except nothing like it.

Anywho, I think the events of the past few days made me go a little cookoo and overlysensitive. I'm ready to let it go now.  (Maybe I am getting older and tougher?  I hope I am not prematurely saying this and then I have another episode or something)

*  *  *

Thank You

No comments: