Friday, April 27, 2012

The Grass Is Always Greener On The Other Side...

...unless it doesn't grow.  Or something like that.

We spent out day off weeding, laying out soil, putting on seed and fertilizer and watering the lawn thoroughly in our attempt to make our lawn not the worst looking one on the block.  It was a dang lot of work!  Not just a lot of work...a dang lot of work.  But I always enjoy this kind of work.

Let's just hope it works.

I also spent the morning playing ball (first time in a while.  Unsurprisingly?  Huffing and puffing and fatigued right away).  I also went to Ray's to get my car checked out.  It's always good knowing someone that can fix cars so that you don't feel ripped off.  Even better?  When they check out/fix up your car and they don't charge you.  Score!

I hope that Honda Fit that I've been waiting for comes soon (I'm constantly checking kijiji/autotrader for a good used one, or if a Honda sale comes up that makes it worth it for me to buy new).  I'm gonna have to sell my car while it's still worth something.  It will, of course, always be worth something to me

*  *  *

Accomplishment:  removed a tree from the lawn.  Not just any tree...a tree with honkin' big roots.  Took me almost 45 minutes!  The tree served it's purpose well and I'll miss it (I'm always reminded of the Native thing where they say thank you to all living things before/if they have to kill it), but it needed to be done

No comments: