Monday, April 30, 2012

In Which The Price Fits

So I guess I just upped and got myself a new car today.  Wtf?

It was inevitable that a new car would have to be purchased, so I'm not that surprised.

Late Saturday, I gave a phone call to Family Honda in Brampton.  I somehow got through to the manager.  I asked him the price for the Honda Fit, and he told me he doesn't have that much markup from cost. I told him I would think about it.  He called me back within 2 minutes and offered me a deal that was too good to pass up...essentially about only $170 above their cost price.

I guess that tip of shopping for a car at the month's end and on a Saturday really is a good one, because they want to get rid of some inventory (as confirmed from another manager I met today).

So off we went to the dealership, went for the test drive, got approval from Sharon, was offered an awesome open financing rate (2.49%!) and well...yeah, just got a new car that is an upgrade over my Vitz.  Wowza.

It must've been a sign that I had to get this car (as you know, I believe in signs and fate and all of that).  I mean, on Saturday morning I found the car online on Autotrader (after just looking at used cars and just by chance looking at the new cars for sale) and decided to give them a call on a whim.  And then to find the car that I wanted (Fit), the colour I wanted (white), the trim I wanted (LX), the transmission I wanted (manual), for it to be in stock (rare as no other nearby Honda dealerships have it or hardly any other Fit's, really), and at the price I wanted must've meant that the stars aligned up for me yet again.  Dumb luck ftw!  I'm such a lucky idiot when it comes to these things.

I'm quite excited.  Maybe not for the money I'll have to shell out every month, but then again who doesn't have bills?

On the other hand, I am sad that I'll have to sell my Vitz.  I'll never forget it (and who helped me buy it...thanks Lola), but thus is life with material things

*  *  *

Accomplishment:  bought a car!

No comments: