Friday, March 25, 2005

And The Birfday Celebrations Begins

Really, it's great to have people celebrate your birthday, but I think in actuality you should be congratulating my Mom. Hey, she survived the whole ordeal. But at the same time, it's nice (even though I don't really celebrate my birthday unless someone plans something for me).
Things I did and received for my day before my birthday:
-got into the office and found my desk decorated with balloons by Ruby
-received a Golden Chocolate Easter Bunny and Monkey Post-It Notes from Kiri
-received a homemade cake from Alexia that I promptly shared with my entire office because...
-...I got another cake from Kathie, which I ate after lunch
-went to Tee Jay's Chicago's with Tony, Kathie, Ruby and Mikey. I had a New York Butter Chicken Breast Sandwich with Roasted Potatoes. Prolly the best sandwich I've had in a long while
(I had some pictures but I left them on my computer at work...I'll download them sooner or later)
-went home and smiled at the fact that I have the next four days off. Score!
-Kim and my Godson Michael came over with a fortune cookie maker, CSI board game booster pack and Raptors Tickets. Talk about a gift! (My Godson doesn't cry anymore when he sees me. I would've never thought I'd see the day...)
-went to Cooper's Pub with Ken, Sharon, Nina, Arvin, Ivy, BJ and Ian. Had fajitas and nachos. Cooper's is not too bad, and they have $0.25 wings nights on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. I was gonna pay for the entire meal for everyone, but they all stopped me and payed for me. Maybe this Birthday thing does have it's perks
-went to Jeff's house with Arv, Ian and Ken and played Hold 'Em. Yep, I won
-found out something from Ken, which I promptly laughed and called him an "asshole." Trust me, it's funny
And thus concluded the festivities of the Day Before My Birthday Day. Couldn't have a better day, especially because:
MY CAR INSURANCE POLICY IS ROUGHLY $700 CHEAPER NOW THAT I AM 25!
(now that's what turning 25 is all about. yee-uh!)
And now tomorrow, a solemn day where I think about my faith, my insecurities, my selfishness, my emotions. I hope it won't be too bad. I scared about these things sometimes.

No comments: