Wednesday, March 23, 2005

PEKING DUCK!!!
It takes a certain kind of person to be this excited about specially prepared poultry
I've only been thinking and drooling about this dish for months. The crispy skin, the awesome rice wrapper, the chopped meat with lettuce jackets... I think this took care of my mouth-watering craving for the time being.
It must be my birfday soon because even Sharon, the notoriously picky-eater, had some. I love how she faked liking it for me (but then eventually confessed that she didn't, where I promptly became retarded about it. I just want her to have the same gastronomical pleasures I have in certain foods, but hey, you can't have your cake and eat it too. I don't know how that last statement relates to anything, but it's juxtaposed to food words. That's right: juxtaposed). Anywho, another great family outing as always.
So yeah, after much deliberation, it looks like I will be posting pictures now. Note the picture beside my profile: that's the statue of a praying Buddhist person I got for Sharon in Chicago. It had the requisite "what the hell am I going to do with this?!?" reaction from her, so I knew it was a good gift. I love the way it looks though, even though I am not sure if there is any significance to it. I love even more the cow statue I got for her, but I'll find that picture another day. I am not going to post pictures everyday, but I guess it wouldn't hurt to jazz up the page a bit.

No comments: