Sunday, March 06, 2005

Korean B-B-Yum

Went to Korean BBQ all the way in Scarborough with Nit, Walter and Julius (aka J-Dog). Good stuff except they brought all the meat raw and... (okay, I better not even attempt to make a joke here). Then we went to Spucipic Mull where I attempted to buy candy that only had Chinese characters on it. I thought it should be good because: a)it's written only in chinese; b)it's sold at a Chinese candy store; c)it's in a blue container; and, d)it was imported from China. (well, "e" would have also been the fact that it was only $1.14. Oh, and the cashier told that to me in Chinese. I guess I still look Chinese to some people). Anywho, I ate a couple, and then that's when I realized: this is antacid tablets. Eno-da-da-d'oh!
Then we went to Heartland where Ken picked me up in his Mercedes, and we went to Canadian Tire. I bought one of those halogen lights that are crazy bright. It was on sale for 50% off at $7.49 plus tax. I always wanted one, thinking it would be good for working out in the garage at night, or at camping.
Then Ken dropped me off at Sharon's house, where she drove me home and then we went to Anne's house. Yay 3 person poker. But as I won the game easily, I thought it would be a good time to explain to Sharon the intricacies of taxes, investing, RRSPs, buying a house, etc. to the best of my ability. I hope she realizes now why it's so damn hard to buy a $400 000 house right away; unless, of course, she works at a job that pays her like $250 000 a year. Dayum. Not to mention that she really wants to get married in two years. That's not so far away! Better start saving even more.
All-in-all, a long day away from my house. I don't know why I feel guilty not being inside my house on a weekday. Or perhaps it's the fact I only saw my parents for approximately 13 minutes the past 3 days. It certainly is gonna be less when I move out. I better start growing up and letting go.

No comments: