Sunday, March 27, 2005

Happy Easter!

Busy day today. Gonna run it down, cause I haven't done that for a while:
-woke up early and went to Church, riddled with C n' E Catholics. Good music though
-went to Sharon's house for Easter lunch. Her parties are much, much different from my family parties, in that it's very quiet and talking is kept to a minimum, whereas my family parties are filled with a bunch of loud Filipinos. I brought the cheesecake I made for her, and she said that is was a bit "dry." I don't blame her. On some good notes though, her Mom made the Sheppard's Pie I really, really like, and her Grandfather seems to like me.
-went to visit Lola, which I haven't done in a while. I miss her Easter egg hunts. Remember, she still had them up to when I was 22 years old, and it never got old.
-went to my cousin Che's (future) house for Cheyanne's and Jade's First Communion party, and as I found out, my cousin Reccie's surprise birthday party. (I found out Reccie's real name is Easter Resurrection, because she was born on Easter. Good thing she wasn't born on Good Friday? Friday Death Redublo Angeles doesn't sound that unique). Gave Jade $10, and promised Cheyanne I'd buy her shoes for her birthday/communion gift. Great. Good thing I only have one niece I can spoil. Sharon agreed that my family parties are much, much different than hers, especially when my cousin Daisy, Con and myself tried to get her to do a "kata" in front of everybody, much to the dismay of her reddened and embarassed face
-visited Ken, and saw his newly (and unecessarily) polished and waxed car. I'd like to do it to mine, but man am I lazy about that
-went home, and was gonna watch "Bride and Prejudice" with Nina and Melodie, but ended up helping Melodie clean out her closet. I felt like I was one of those hosts on HGTV that declutter and organize a closet. I convinced her to throw away a lot of the stuff that she didn't use. I mean, a Halloween costume from Grade 4? Do you really need that?
-ended up not watching "Bride and Prejudice" (as my Mom wanted to watch it so I dropped it home) but watching "Motorcycle Diaries" with Nina, Melodie and Ita. I thought the movie was about a guy and girl who rode a motorcycle across the USA and told their story. I found out at the beginning that it was about two guys who rode a motorcycle across South America. I found out half way that it wasn't even really about the motorcycle -- it was really the story of Che Gueverra. Overcoming my shock, I found the movie to be okay, not that great though, with a lot of forced drama. I also know two things after watching the movie: I want a motorcycle (or even moped) to cruise in; and, Chippi Chippi! Hiya! (too bad I forgot the melodie to it already).
-went home with an upset stomach. Did things to make it feel better. Read a lot while doing it.
And tomorrow I feel insane enough to wake up early and go to the gym, even though it's my day off. Maybe, just maybe I'll take this training thing seriously. Hmmmm...

No comments: